Joshua fight doesn't look like it will happen - Fury
Tyson Fury says his fight with Anthony Joshua "doesn't look like it's going to happen" in a verbal tirade against his British rival and promoter Eddie Hearn posted on social media. The pair had been…
Tyson Fury says his fight with Anthony Joshua "doesn't look like it's going to happen" in a verbal tirade against his British rival and promoter Eddie Hearn posted on social media.
The pair had been expected to meet in November in one of the biggest fights in British boxing history, but uncertainty over where the bout will take place has cast fresh doubt over the deal.
Joshua and his promoter Hearn have signed a contract for it to be staged in the United Kingdom, while Saudi organisers are pushing for a move to the United States.
"Doesn't look like they're going to sign the fight and it doesn't look like it's going to happen all because Eddie Hearn and that want more money," Fury said in a series of Instagram stories.
Joshua and Fury have separate contracts with Saudi Arabian-owned Sela. New York's Madison Square Garden is understood to be Sela's preference so that the fight - which will broadcast on Netflix - can cater for American audiences.
On Thursday, Hearn told IFL TV that a list of changes required for the fight to take place in America had been sent to Sela.
Hearn says the main change concerns compensation for Joshua because of the different tax implications of fighting in America.
"In layman's terms, by staging the fight in America, Anthony Joshua receives less money than he would do if the fight was in the UK where he was contractually agreed," he said.
Read Full Story at BBC Sport →


